Federal Funding + VariQuest
Engagement. Inclusivity. Social-Emotional Support. With all that students have experienced in recent months, you’re looking ahead to the future.
In a “normal” year, your federal funding dollars may have gone towards field trips, student performances, or hands-on lab materials. Now you have decisions to make on how to spend that funding in a meaningful way to set up for what next year will bring.
Overcoming challenges from distance learning, promoting inclusion and equality, and expanding your social-emotional support efforts are just a few concepts that will require extra action as students return to classrooms. Today we’ll explore a few major funding streams and how you can use aligned tools to face these challenges, head-on.
The VariQuest Visual and Kinesthetic Learning Suite includes:
It’s all powered by the VariQuest Design Software containing leading-edge Engage Every Learner Content. With thousands of templates, graphics, cutouts, fonts, and collections - the TEKS-aligned content, created exclusively for education, is what sets VariQuest apart.
Purpose: Title I provides funding to support academic achievement, specifically helping low-income students meet performance standards.
- Differentiate instruction for visual, auditory and kinesthetic learners
- Reinforce teachings with visual representations, graphic organizers and tangible study aids
- Encourage cooperative learning and peer recognition via group activity and award templates
IDEA, Part B
Purpose: IDEA Part B is intended to offer differentiated instructional support to raise educational success for all students and close the achievement gap.
- Supply instructional and hands-on, sensory equipment for all learners to reinforce educational concepts and a kinesthetic approach to learning
- Promote activities which involve problem-solving, collaborative group work and critical thinking to develop 21st Century Skills
Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Improvement Act
Purpose: Carl Perkins funding supports career and technical education programs and strengthens the connections between secondary and post-secondary education and careers.
- Provide occupationally-relevant equipment allowing the creation of displays for academic, entrepreneurial, and technical purposes
- Deliver inclusive technology fit for operation and skill-building by learners of all needs and types
- Support 16 career pathways, especially functions as they relate to student-run entrepreneurial venture programs
COVID Funding - CARES Act, CRSSA
Purpose: Including Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER), Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF), Head Start/Early Education Programs, Certified Community Health Clinics/Mental Health & Substance Abuse Programs, Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER), and more - this funding is meant to support the coordination of efforts among state, local, tribal and other entities to prevent, prepare for, and respond to COVID-19.
- Create and customize directional posters, floor markers, and room labels to promote social distancing and designate restricted areas/entries
- Organize PPE equipment with custom labels for organization, cleaning and sanitization needs, and healthcare items
- Produce social-emotional learning supports including calming charts, mental health check-ins, feelings discussion diagrams, flash card exercise collections, and more
And of course, these aren’t the only streams that VariQuest is aligned with. For more information on these and alignment with Titles II-V, PTO Funds, Literacy & STEM Grants, and more, download the full VariQuest Funding Guide.
Want to talk with one of our expert Education Consultants to view a no-obligation demonstration and brainstorm funding streams to get these tools in your school? Schedule a free consultation, now!