The COVID-19 pandemic has created the largest disruption of education systems in recent history. From preschools to universities, learning institutions were disrupted in an effort to stop the transmission of the virus. As a result, restrictions on movement and closure of schools have had a severe impact on children’s daily routines, their social interactions, and ultimately on their mental well-being. As vaccines are rolling out and schools are beginning to re-open, we are starting to see the true effects and gaps that Covid-19 has caused.
Schools are reopening and it’s time to start preparing. On March 17th, the U.S. Department of Education (Department) announced the amount of ARP Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funding that each State, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia will receive to support efforts to reopen K-12 schools safely. (image of allocation of funds) States and school districts have been strongly encouraged to utilize these funds to getting students back in classrooms for in-person instruction safely.
The ARP ESSER funds may be used to support educators in the effective use of technology. Below are some suggestions on ways that you can use ARP funding towards technology in your classrooms:
Allows your teachers quick and easy access to thousands of templates, graphics, shapes and curriculum based collections to engage students.
Bring classrooms to life with posters, banners, interactive activities and more
Cut Out Maker
Help learners reach their full potential by engaging visual and kinesthetic learners with manipulatives and cutouts
Enable teachers and students to preserve their ideas and show-off their work
Recognize and reward students, teachers, and staff with personalized award plaques, flashcards, study aids, bumper stickers, parking permits and more
Variquest Technology Suite
Get all these tools together or buy them separately
Educators can use the technology products listed above to create (aligning with COVID):
· Creating and customize directional posters, floor markers, and room labels to promote social distancing and designate restricted areas/entries
· Organizing PPE equipment with custom labels for organization, cleaning and sanitization needs, and healthcare items
· Customizing training materials and displays for staff safety and cleaning procedures with posters and labels for presentations, hallway and room reminders, and more
· Designing collections of manipulatives, math and reading supports, graphic organizers, and K-W-L charts for take-home lessons and activities during hybrid and distance learning
· Producing social-emotional learning supports including calming charts, mental health check-ins, feelings discussion diagrams, flash card exercise collections, and more
· Displaying progress initiatives and student achievement charts to track learning development and growth
· Choosing from thousands of education-specific templates to support curriculum in all subject areas
(include images if we have examples)
Contact us today for a quote for products best equipped to solve challenges in your school, aligning with COVID-19 Funding. Or request a demo with one of our expert education consultants to see more examples of how our tools can work for you.